Everyone loves the warmth and features offered by a wood stove. In our eagerness to enjoy our new wood stove we can forget some basic things.
Knowing the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning is critical to the health and well-being of you and your family. Here are some tips to help keep you and your family safe.
- Ensure you have adequate ventilation if required by your stove.
- Regular sweeping should be carried out on all appliances. Once a year minimum.
- Fireplaces with stoves should be kept clean and free from combustible objects.
- Carbon monoxide detector must be in the same room as the appliance.
- Test your carbon monoxide detector regularly in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
You can get good quality carbon monoxide detectors from Chalk Farm Stoves at their Norfolk showroom.